Great News for Digital Photographers - Digital imaging has been without
doubt the most significant and exciting photographic development in
recent years. The Society has now purchased a top of the range instrument
for profiling Inkjet Printers.
For a fee of £5 per profile we can also provide you with a printer
profile that will ensure you are obtaining optimum results from your
inkjet printer. It will also provide you with an opportunity to experiment
with a wide range of printing papers and 'compatible inks' as we can
provide you with a printer profile for any combination of your choice.
Our printer calibration kit is an X-Rite Autoscan Spectrophotometer
DTP 70 with Monaco Profiler Platinum software- the most sophisticated
gear of its type available. Your colour management problems can now
be solved for a very modest fee!
Procedure for requesting a profile/s
- Email Roger Evans to ask a profiling pack which will include
a profile request form and colour profiling charts to be printed by you
- Complete the profile request form
- Follow the instructions provided by Ray and print-out the colour profiling charts on
your printer using the ink and media to be profiled
- Take your completed request form and payment of £5 per profile to our
Treasurer for endorsement.
- Hand the endorsed form, together with your printed profile pages to
Roger Evans who will run the pages through the profiler at home and return your
custom profiles by email